Legislative Initiatives Impacting Design Professionals
We haven’t lost the ability in this country to dream big and build big! However, project owners often face unprecedented political, legal and financial challenges in achieving those objectives.
Join us for a panel discussion focused on the latest legislative actions impacting design professionals, including funding initiatives and programs under consideration at the state and federal level that may affect projects in New England. Legislators and political relations specialists with extensive architecture and engineering industry experience will discuss creative solutions to address these challenges including:
• Addressing the nation’s failing transportation systems
• Rethinking the approach to infrastructure issues
• Developing political and legislative traction
• Private financing initiatives such as public-private partnerships
Panelists will address the fear behind big projects in Boston and offer advice for coping with Big Dig post-traumatic stress disorder and new project opportunities in New England.
David Hatem, PC will moderate the discussion led by the following panelists:
• Mark S. Bartlett, P.E., ACEC/MA Govt. Affairs Committee Chair and President-Elect, Associate & VP at Fay, Spofford & Thorndike
• Christopher Walsh, AIA, State Representative, 6th Middlesex House District, Massachusetts
• Andrew Paven, Senior VP, O’Neill & Associates
• Lindsay Toghill, VP O’Neill & Associates
• Brian Newberry, Esq., State Representative, District 48, Rhode Island, Partner at Donovan Hatem LLP
We invite attendees to come prepared to probe our panelists by identifying initiatives you would like to see them undertake that would best serve the interests of the design and construction community. We look forward to your questions and discussion points.
The roundtable will be held in the Wharf Room of the Boston Harbor Hotel. Registration and continental breakfast is at 7:30 am and the presentation will begin at 8am. For more information and to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please RSVP by Friday, Oct. 16.