Preston L. Clinton
Preston Clinton is an Associate in the Firm’s Professional Practice, Business Litigation and Insurance and Tort Litigation groups where he represents individuals and businesses in civil litigation matters in state and federal court with a focus on business law, contract disputes, real estate, land use, zoning, employment law and personal injury.
Preston’s approach to representing his clients is aimed at meeting and addressing each client’s unique needs. This may mean negotiating a settlement, developing a creative solution to resolve a complex legal matter, or pursuing litigation. Through persistence, communication and investigation, he has secured significant judgments and settlements and numerous successful outcomes for his clients.
Preston is a top-rated business litigation attorney recognized by peers and was selected to Superlawyer’s Rising Stars for 2023.
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 2013)
- Ithaca College (B.A., 2008)
- Represented a sophisticated software company in complex international business litigation and filed an action against multinational corporations in the U.S. District Court for the
District of Massachusetts for claims arising from fraud, breach of contract and counterfeit manufacturing.
- Represented a client as lead counsel in an adversary proceeding involving a business dispute before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Member of a trial team that resolved an easement dispute before the Massachusetts Land Court.
- Obtained a significant judgment, as well as restitution, in civil and criminal actions while representing the victim of fraud involving consumer protection laws.
- Successfully defended a client in a contract and business dispute arising from the sale and dissolution of a partnership and companies in the Business Litigation Session of Suffolk