Joshua S. Stern
Joshua Stern is an associate in the Litigation department in the firm’s New York office. His practice focuses on complex construction and commercial litigation in both New York and New Jersey federal and state courts.
Mr. Stern earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, with honors, from Lehigh University in 2001, and his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from University of Illinois in 2004. He is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey, Illinois and before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois and Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- University of Illinois (J.D., magna cum laude, 2004)
- Lehigh University (B.A., with honors, 2001)
Business and Professional Associations
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Obtained a $2 million arbitration award against a Fortune 500 company, which included an award of arbitration costs based on a finding of willfulness.
- Counseled Illinois beer importer on best method to lawfully terminate existing distribution network. Successfully defeated a motion for preliminary injunction brought by 15 beer distributors, and had appellate court adopt beneficial statutory construction of franchise law statute.
- Successfully defeated on summary judgment a federal lawsuit seeking more than $2 million in damages and successfully impleaded the owed amount. Case involved a writ of attachment filed by a bank against an Indonesia paper company and its subsidiaries.
- Negotiated a $10,000 settlement in employment law matter in which former employee initially sought more than $500,000 in unpaid overtime damages.