Jena M. Richer
Jena M. Richer is an associate in the Professional Practices Group at Donovan Hatem where she focuses her practice in professional liability; insurance defense; business disputes; and environmental, commercial and construction claims. Jena manages the defense of design professionals on a national basis and handles mediations, arbitrations, and litigation for architects and engineers.
Prior to joining Donovan Hatem, Jena worked at Brand & Tapply where she specialized in fraud investigation, insurance defense and litigation, and first- & third-party claim coverage issues. Ms. Richer clerked for the Honorable Judge Richard H. Dinkins on the Tennessee state appellate court, as well as working at the TN Attorney General’s Office and the TN Post-Conviction Defender’s Office. Ms. Richer also worked in immigration law with a local non-profit and in contract law with an international legal education technology company.
Ms. Richer graduated from Belmont University College of Law, where she served as an executive editor for law review and president of the Health Law Students Association; her note Victims of Introspection: Insufficient Legal Protections for At-Risk Users of Automated Mental Health Apps was published in Vermont Law Review.
- Belmont University College of Law (J.D., 2020)
- American University (B.A, Public Communications & Graphic Design, 2014)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Author, “Massachusetts Superior Court Finds Injured Pedestrian’s Claims Against Contractor Not Time-Barred, Despite Arising 6+ Years After Project Completion” Design & Construction Professional Reporter (Spring 2023)
- Author, “Victims of Introspection: Insufficient Legal Protections for At-Risk Users of Automated Mental Health Apps.” 44 Vermont Law Review 893 (Summer 2020)
Business and Professional Organizations
- Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys