Eric I. Asquith
Eric is Of Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation group, where he concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation, including breach of contract disputes involving substantial monetary claims. Eric also represents clients in litigation related to real estate, employment discrimination, product liability, personal injury, and professional liability. He works with his clients closely from the very onset of the case to obtain the best possible result.
Eric also brings deep industry experience to his real estate work, such as having run a real estate brokerage, invested in rental properties, and represented buyers and sellers as a conveyancing attorney on residential and commercial transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Eric worked at Boston-based Litigation firm and an international Am Law 200 firm.
Eric has consistently been named to the Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Massachusetts.
- Obtained a $1.5 million wrongful death settlement in a case involving a contractor who was killed while installing pollution control equipment.
- Awarded Summary Judgment on behalf of an employer in a gender-based discrimination suit.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a city employee in a case involving gender and race discrimination
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
- U.S. District Court of of Massachusetts
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Fairfield University (B.S. with honors, 2003)
Business and Professional Associations
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Civil Litigation Section Council Member (2016-17)
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Co-Chair Personal Injury/Medical Malpractice Committee (2016-2017)
- Former Co-Chair of Torts Committee of Litigation Section (2014-2015)
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- The American Association for Justice