Lauren M. Ippolito is an associate in the Litigation Department in the firm’s New York office. Her practice focuses on complex construction and commercial litigation in both New York and New Jersey Federal and state courts.
Ms. Ippolito is admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey and is admitted to appear before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York.
Ms. Ippolito earned her Bachelor of the Arts degree in the Honors Program at Boston College in 2003 and her Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Quinnipiac University School of Law in Connecticut in 2006.
Upon graduation from law school, Ms. Ippolito clerked for the Honorable Thomas W. Cavanagh, Presiding Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey in Monmouth County in both Chancery and Superior Court. Prior to joining Donovan Hatem, Ms. Ippolito was an associate in the civil litigation department of an international law firm in New Jersey and a commercial litigation firm in New York City.
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey State Bar, Admitted 2006
- New York State Bar, Admitted 2007
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court Southern District of New York
- United States District Court Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court Western District of New York
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- Boston College (B.A., Honors Program, May 2003)
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a New Jersey”Super Lawyer Rising Star” in 2010 & 2011.
- Selected as a New York “Super Lawyer Rising Star” in 2011.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Author, “New Jersey’s Joint Tortfeasor Law Warrants Strict Application in the Courts.” Design & Construction Management Professional Reporter (Sept. 2015)
- Author, “Expert Testimony and Proof of Independent Legal Duty Are Required to Establish a Design Professional’s Liability.” Design & Construction Management Professional Reporter (Sept. 2015)