Jesse J. Blyth
Jesse J. Blyth is Of Counsel in our Professional Practices Group at Donovan Hatem.
Jesse’s practice has focused on defending and advising architects, engineers, construction management companies, real estate professionals, insurance brokers, and corporate officers and directors. He has extensive experience providing strategic business representation, including risk management counseling and contract review and drafting, in matters focusing on construction disputes, professional malpractice, commercial litigation, and class actions. He has served as lead litigation counsel in numerous complex multi-party lawsuits in both state and federal courts in a wide range of actions involving claims for professional negligence, breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duties, ethics violations, fraud, and unfair business practices.
Jesse has also defended an array of personal injury and product liability matters for several large national corporations, developers, contractors, and product manufacturers.
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- University of California, Santa Barbara ( B.A., cum laude, 1992)
Business and Professional Associations
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Represented architects, engineers, general contractors, subcontractors, governmental organizations, building inspectors, land surveyors, real estate professionals and other construction professionals in claims involving professional liability, construction defects, construction delays, job site accidents, fire damage, contract disputes, pre-claim assistance, contract review and modification, and risk assessment.
- Substantial experience counseling design professionals in claims analysis, subpoena assistance, and pre-suit mitigation.
- Represented general contractors and subcontractors in connection with asserting liens and pursuing litigation to enforce liens.
- Represented individual and business clients in personal injury claims arising from premises liability matters, job site injuries, and product defect actions.