Gwen P. Weisberg
Partner, Chair of Immigration Practices
Gwen P. Weisberg is a Partner in the Professional Practices Group at Donovan Hatem LLP. Gwen has extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts, through trial and appeal, including construction, corporate, commercial, real estate, surety, federal receivership and insurance defense litigation matters. She has litigated student loan bankruptcy discharge proceedings, and mediated and arbitrated commercial and construction disputes. Gwen represents clients before federal and municipal agencies and administrative boards, and engages in all aspects of employment-based immigration, including non-immigrant visas, permanent residency petitions, immigration compliance, and I-9 employment verification audits.
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Business and Professional Associations
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (New England and Connecticut Chapters)
- Temple University School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Moot Court Honor Society
- University Of Massachusetts(B.S., cum laude, 1980)
- Eta Sigma Delta Honor Society
Articles and Publications
Immigration Pointers for Employers, 2011
Employer Liability for Compliance with Export Control Laws, 2011
Reporting Requirements for Residents Maintaining Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts, 2011
Contributing Author, Chapter 4: Architect-Engineer Contracting, Federal Government Construction Contracts, Editors: Adrian L. Bastianelli III, Andrew D. Ness, Joseph D. West, published by American Bar Association, 2010.
E-Verify is Alive, Well, and Gaining Speed, The DH Benchmark, Summer 2008.
New Developments in Employment Verification, The DH Benchmark, Winter 2008.
Immigration Impact on Employment Practices, The Design and Construction Management Professional Reporter, July 2007.
- Hillel House at the University of Massachusetts Amherst (President 2009-2011, Executive Committee 2005-Present)
- University of Massachusetts Hospitality and Tourism Management Department (Member, Advisory Board)
- Reaching the height of professional excellence, Gwen has received an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.