Gwen P. Weisberg
Partner, Chair of Immigration Practices
Gwen P. Weisberg is a Partner in the Professional Practices Group at Donovan Hatem LLP. Gwen has extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts, through trial and appeal, including construction, corporate, commercial, real estate, surety, federal receivership and insurance defense litigation matters. She has litigated student loan bankruptcy discharge proceedings, and mediated and arbitrated commercial and construction disputes. Gwen represents clients before federal and municipal agencies and administrative boards, and engages in all aspects of employment-based immigration, including non-immigrant visas, permanent residency petitions, immigration compliance, and I-9 employment verification audits.
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Temple University School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Moot Court Honor Societ
- University Of Massachusetts (B.S., cum laude, 1980)
- Eta Sigma Delta Honor Society
Business and Professional Associations
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (New England and Connecticut Chapters)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Immigration Pointers for Employers, 2011
- Employer Liability for Compliance with Export Control Laws, 2011
- Reporting Requirements for Residents Maintaining Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts, 2011
- Contributing Author, Chapter 4: Architect-Engineer Contracting, Federal Government Construction Contracts, Editors: Adrian L. Bastianelli III, Andrew D. Ness, Joseph D. West, published by American Bar Association, 2010.
- E-Verify is Alive, Well, and Gaining Speed, The DH Benchmark, Summer 2008.
- New Developments in Employment Verification, The DH Benchmark, Winter 2008.
- Immigration Impact on Employment Practices, The Design and Construction Management Professional Reporter, July 2007.
- Reaching the height of professional excellence, Gwen has received an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Hillel House at the University of Massachusetts Amherst (President 2009-2011, Executive Committee 2005-Present)
- University of Massachusetts Hospitality and Tourism Management Department (Member, Advisory Board)