Personal experience. Envisioning the big picture. Understanding the nuances and impacts litigation can have on a business and the lives of those who are running it. These qualities set Erica apart from other business litigators. Having experienced first-hand the life cycle of a business, Erica is uniquely able to provide the type of bespoke practice of law clients need and to serve as a true business partner throughout the litigation process.
Erica Mastrangelo is Of Counsel to the firm in the business litigation department. Erica has worked with a variety of clients ranging from start-up to mature companies. Her business acumen coupled with her understanding of the law and the interplay between the two allow her to provide her clients with applicable, approachable and accurate legal advice. Erica has particular experience with shareholder disputes, freeze-outs, complex contractual disputes, as well as licensing and regulatory matters. She has represented a full spectrum of clients ranging from the largest e-commerce vaping and clothing companies to railroad and rail car manufacturers.
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- Boston University (J.D., 2004)
- Boston University (B.A., magna cum laude, with Distinction in 18th Century Biographical Literature, 2001)
Business and Professional Associations
- Boston University School of Law American Journal of Law & Medicine
- Represented a corporate officer in a minority shareholder reverse freeze out suit and secured a buy-out of triple the pre-suit offer.
- Represented one of the largest e-commerce retailers throughout its business trajectory from start-up to mature company. Specifically, Erica worked with the company to raise capital, successfully and efficiently defended against patent trolls, shareholder derivative actions and a multitude of contractual disputes.
- Counsels media, entertainment and transportation clients on all aspects of licensing and state and federal regulatory matters.
- Represents one of the most prominent search engine and social media marketing agencies.
- Provides advice to modeling and talent agencies relative to contractual disputes, state licensing issues, and employment matters.
- 2018 Mentor, MassChallenge
MassChallenge was founded with the singular purpose of making it as easy as possible for entrepreneurs to launch and grow new ventures. Its mission is to strengthen the global innovation ecosystem by accelerating high-potential startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world for zero-equity taken.
- For over a decade, Erica has worked with Spaulding Rehabilitation and Shriners Hospital for Children to organize holiday events and gift drives for the pediatric patients at both institutions.
- Erica has worked with and supported various charitable organizations, including St. Jude, Room to Grow and City Year.