David J. Gorman
David Gorman is a partner in the Professional Practices, Business Litigation and Insurance and Tort Litigation Practice Groups. With nearly 30 years of legal experience, David’s practice focuses on addressing complex engineering and construction disputes and providing risk assessment and analysis of litigation claims. David has defended architects, engineers, land surveyors, attorneys and real estate brokers in malpractice, insurance coverage and breach of contract claims. He is well-versed in evaluating potential risk exposure for both design professionals and their insurance carriers. His focus in contract reviews is to ensure his clients are protected from costly litigation through indemnity and insurance provisions. In handling contract claims, David has also formulated strategies for settlements, trials, mediations and arbitrations. He develops cost-effective litigation strategies for when alternative dispute resolutions fail.
David also represents engineers and architects in the defense of complaints filed with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure at the Board of Registration of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors and the Board of Registration of Architects.
Prior to joining Donovan Hatem, David served as National Litigation Counsel for Raytheon Engineers and Constructors and operated his own successful private practice where he worked with large firms including Jacobs Engineering Group. His extensive legal experience also includes working on numerous construction claims arising out of the Central Artery/Tunnel Project, MetroWest Water Supply Tunnel, and East Side Access (NYC).
Admitted to Practice
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 1988)
- Denison University (B.A., Economics, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1985)
Business and Professional Associations
- ACEC/MA Government Affairs Committee Member
- Boston Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project – Represents low-income clients in court and prepares tax returns for elderly clients
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Member of Town of Andover Youth Center Building Committee
- Member of Town of Andover Department of Public Works Search Committee