Adam C. Benevides
Adam Benevides is an Associate in the firm’s Business Litigation, Professional Practices and Insurance & Tort Litigation Groups. Adam focuses his practice on representing plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial litigation disputes, insurance and tort defense, premises liability, employment matters, construction litigation, and professional practices. Prior to joining the firm, Adam specialized in civil litigation at a boutique business law firm in New Bedford, Massachusetts where he gained significant experience in the areas of land use and zoning matters, contract drafting and negotiation and non-competition litigation. While in law school, Adam had the privilege of serving the Honorable William G. Young as a Law Clerk Intern in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. He was also a member of the Suffolk National Trial Team and authored a thesis on the terminally ill’s right to unapproved experimental drugs.
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Rhode Island
- Suffolk University (JD, 2008)
- University of Massachusetts (B.A., Psychology, cum laude, 2002)
Business and Professional Associations
- Advisory Board: Comprehensive Mental Health Systems, Inc.
- Advisory Board: Kennedy Donovan Center, Inc.
- Member of the Rhode Island Bar Association
- Alumnus of the Suffolk University Law School National Trial Team
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Author, “Choice of Law and State Securities Law Prevent Dismissal of Auditor.” Accountant/Attorney Liability Reporter, Donovan Hatem LLP (Dec. 2014)
- Author, “Statutes of Limitation in Accounting Malpractice Cases.” Accountant/Attorney Liability Reporter, Donovan Hatem LLP (Dec. 2013)
- Author, “Architect Shielded from Liability by the Completed and Accepted Doctrine.” Design & Construction Management Professional Reporter (July 2013)